The League Board of Directors shall be the governing body of the League, having complete control of
management and facilities operated by the League.
1) Each organizational unit shall be entitled to one (1) seat on the League Board of Directors. This shall
entitle it to one (1) vote through its Athletic Director. It shall have an assistant Athletic Director of record
who shall be entitled to one (1) vote should the Athletic Director not be present.
2) At-Large Directors are persons serving on the League Board of Directors, elected by the League Board
of Directors to assist in the operations of the League. These members may serve in any capacity, other
than as Athletic Director. They shall be entitled to one (I) vote.
3) The Cheerleader Director shall be entitled to one (1) vote. There shall be an assistant Cheerleader
Director of record who shall be entitled to one (1) vote should the Cheerleader Director not be present.
4) A member of the League Board of Directors may cast a vote in absentia by submitting a written,
signed, document in advance to any member of the League Board of Directors stating the issue or issues
being voted upon and indicating for or against on each issue. The member accepting the document shall
present it to the officer presiding over the meeting where the votes will be cast. The presiding officer shall
then include the votes indicated in the document. This document shall be retained by the League
Secretary for one (1) year and is open to inspection by any member of the League Board of Directors.
5) Vice presidents who also hold the position of athletic director of an organization shall be entitled to a
vote as the Vice president only. The assistant athletic director of the organization in which the Vice
president is the athletic director shall be able to cast one (1) vote.
Officers’ Duties and Responsibilities
1) The League President shall preside at all meetings, appoint committee chairpersons, call special
meetings, establish an annual operating budget, appoint persons to fill positions on the League Board of
Directors, subject to acceptance by a simple majority vote of the League Board of Directors members
present, and generally govern the affairs of the League. The League President shall be responsible for
notifying the League Executive Committee members of any special meetings.
2) The League Conference Vice-Presidents shall, in general, assist the League President in all
capacities in handling of League affairs. The League Vice Presidents shall be responsible for notifying the
Athletic Directors in their Conferences of any special meetings. Should the League President leave office
or be unavailable for decision-making, the League Vice Presidents shall assume the duties and
responsibilities of the League President in descending order of their seniority.
3) The League Treasurer shall keep accurate records of all expenses, expenditures and receipts,
reporting the financial standing of the League at each regular meeting. He/she shall be authorized to pay
all normal operating expenditures on due dates so as not to damage the League’s credit rating. He/she
shall submit invoices arid Authorization slips to the League Board of Directors for its review. Any
expenditures not considered as normal operating expenses must have prior League Board of Directors’
approval. The League Treasurer shall present the books to the Audit Committee, appointed by the
League President, on an annual basis. The League Treasurer shall also present all accounts arid records
for an annual Audit to any person or persons the League may employ. In the absence of the League
President and League Vice Presidents, the League Treasurer shall assume the duties of the League
4) The League Secretary shall be responsible for keeping the minutes of all League Board of Directors
meetings. He/She shall keep records of all League business and all League records, other than financial,
and see that the League President is informed of all correspondence related to the -operation of-the
League. Original copies of all League records shall be on file in the League office at the Skyway
Complex. The League Secretary shall be responsible for notifying the At-Large Directors and the
Cheerleader Director of any special meetings.
5) The League Cheerleader Director shall be the liaison between the League Cheerleader Coordinators
and the League Board of Directors. He/she shall hold and preside over regular meetings of the League
Cheerleader Coordinators, and report to the League Board of Directors all information pertaining to
Organizational Unit Duties and Responsibilities
1) The primary task of an organizational unit is to assist its Athletic Director in providing the required
number of players and cheerleaders for teams and to see that these boys and girls are equipped with the
proper equipment and supervision. This may be done through the forming of a Board of Directors. The
Board of Directors shall be self-governing internally, but must support and abide by all League rules and
directives. The Athletic Director shall be held directly responsible for organizational actions.
The organizational unit shall secure a charter and be self-recognized by the State of Florida. It shall submit, to
the League, a copy of its charter and Bylaws by the June meeting of each year. All organizations must
submit to the League each year a complete list of all officers with addresses and phone numbers by the
June meeting of each year.
The organization shall have no vote in League affairs except through its Athletic Director.
The organization is responsible for furnishing the necessary people, when requested by
the League, to perform its duties to work on League Facilities, supply people for running the Concession
Stand, and other duties deemed necessary by the League Board of Directors.
Athletic directors, cheerleader coordinators and/or their assistants or designates must be present
at all their organization’s games.
2) Failure to comply with the League rules shall be subject to disciplinary action as deemed necessary by
the League Board of Directors.
3) The Athletic Director may serve as both Athletic Director and Head Coach of a squad.
A new organization requesting entry into the League must contact the League President and present its
intentions, The League President shall convene the League Executive Committee to meet with the new
The League Executive Committee shall review and verify that the requirements as set forth in this paragraph have been
satisfied prior to presenting the new organization to the League Board of Directors.
The new organization’s application shall be presented to the League Board of Directors at a regularly scheduled meeting.
The acceptance of the new organization shall be scheduled for the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The new organization shall be accepted into the League by a 2/3 vote of the League Board of Directors
members present. The requirements are:
1. The new organization must have finances available for equipment, uniforms, etc.
2. The new organization must be incorporated by the State of-Florida.
3. The new organization must be a non-profit entity.
4. The new organization must have a Board of Directors.
5. The new organization must have Bylaws.
6. The new organization must be in an area that will support the organization for registrations. The
new organization cannot start up in an area that has existing League organizations, if, in the
opinion of the League, it will adversely affect the existing League organizations.
7. The new organization cannot recruit players, cheerleaders, coaches, instructors, or any member
of any League organization. Once the League President has been contacted for possible entry
into the League, the new organization shall be subject to all recruiting rules set forth in the
8. A release for any player, cheerleader, coach, instructor, or member from his/her current
organization which is denied cannot be appealed.
9. A new organization shall have the right to select its own Athletic Director, subject to acceptance
by a simple majority vote of the League Board of Directors members present.
10. New organizations which have been accepted into the League shall be on probation-for one (1)
year. At the completion of the first year of participation, the new organization shall be reviewed by
an appointed committee to determine if the new organization has complied with the League Rules
and Bylaws and is eligible to remain a participant in the League.